Attorney Fee Rates for Oregon Tenant cases
At Clark Law and Associates, LLC, in Portland, we know no two tenant cases are identical. As such, here is an outline of our Oregon Tenant case rates. If you have questions about our tenant rates, call our office at (503) 238-1010. Please have the contact information of the property owner and manager available so we can do a conflicts-of-interest search to assure we are not representing the opposing party.
- Initial Consultation Rate: $300/hour. This includes the initial unbilled client intake and any preliminary downloading of client-provided documents up to 15 minutes. The first hour may possibly include a letter, if applicable and time allows.
- Standard Hourly Rate: $400/hour for attorneys with more than 10 years of experience; $280/hour for attorneys with less than 10 years of experience.
Some issues can be resolved within 1-hour consultation and possibly a letter and no further legal services are needed. However, if the initial consultation does not resolve your issue, we usually make an offer of representation depending on the nature of your case:
- Flat fee
- Standard hourly rate
- With the right for the attorney to recover full hourly rates from your landlord
- With the goal of recovering any attorney’s fees and costs you paid from your landlord
- Contingency fee agreement where Attorney accepts a percentage of the settlement
- Note: Contingency fees may be offset by attorney fees awarded or negotiated as part of a settlement. If attorney fees awarded or negotiated exceed the contingency fee percentage, the client will pay no contingency fee percentage and the attorney shall receive the full attorney fee award
- Note: Most contingency fee cases require that no settlement is accepted unless our attorney’s normal hourly rate is paid unless:
- The client pays the Attorney’s normal hourly rate.
- Attorney consents to a fee reduction
- Contingency fee percentages are lower for Clients who forward litigation costs.
Note: Our rates are subject to change without notification on this website.
If you are of modest means and cannot afford our rates, the Oregon State Bar has a modest means program Phone: 503-684-3763 or toll-free in Oregon at 800-452-7636. If you have no income, you may qualify for free tenant advice by calling Legal Aid at (503) 224-4086.